Did you get roses for Valentine’s? If the roses are still there, why not make your own rosewater with them instead of throwing them away?
How to make rosewater, get your rose petals and boil. The formula is 1 is to 2.
½ cup of petals, use 1 cup of water. Boil for 15 minutes, then use a strainer to remove the petals. Pwede kang mag-add ng drops of rose oil (Fragrance Factory) to make it more potent.
Rosewater is also available in Indian stores. Here are the benefits of rosewater:
FOR YOUR FACE:
1. Use it as a natural facial toner. Rosewater toner is perfect to combat acne.
2. Apply rosewater to your face to tighten pores and prevent wrinkles. Acting as an astringent with anti-inflammatory agents, the rosewater will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
3. It can be used as a gentle facial cleanser. Make your own by mixing one cup of rose water, 2 teaspoons of glycerin and 10 drops of rose essential oil. The essential oil will add to the cleansing properties of this rosewater cleanser as well as help preserve it.
4. Rosewater makes a GREAT makeup setting spray! Add it to a spray bottle and spritz lightly over your face. It will set your makeup and gave you a dewy finish for hours.
5. Dab on temples and eye area to ward off or soothe headaches.
1. For a light, refreshing perfume, add five drops of jasmine oil to a quarter cup of rosewater. Store your perfume in a dark glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid to keep away from light.
2. Soothe a sunburn with rosewater. Cool rose water spritzed on skin feels great, reduces puffiness and gently disinfects the skin, preventing infection and irritation.
3. Add rosewater to a hot bath to help relax as well as trap moisture in the skin, making skin smoother and firmer.
FOR YOUR HAIR:
1. Pour rosewater over your head while showering/bathing as it can reduce inflammation of the scalp, increasing the blood supply to the scalp and promotes hair growth.
2. Rosewater benefits the hair by acting as an excellent moisturizer. Mix some rosewater in your shampoo and you’ll be left with conditioned and moisturized hair that smells great and is extremely soft to touch.
FOR YOU HEALTH:
1. Add rosewater to bath water to relieve fatigue, produce a relaxing effect, improve your mood and lessen stress and depression.
2. Rinse with rosewater to soothe a sore throat.
3. A cotton swab soaked in rosewater can be used for treating and relieving inflamed gums. Warm rosewater can also be taken in your mouth for treating gums. Regular use of rosewater helps in relieving and curing paining gums, strengthening of loose teeth and removes bad odor from the mouth.
FOR YOUR HOME:
1. Use rosewater sprizer as an air-freshener. Use rosewater as spritzer when ironing pillows and bedsheets, they will smell so good.
2. Spray rosewater on counter tops to disinfectant bathrooms, on couches, carpets, etc.
3. When cooking, rose water can be used in many dessert and baking recipes in place of vanilla extract.
Re-post From OFW WORLD
(Just to share this message to those who do not know yet)